Groups have more fun!
If you have 15 or more people, then you are a group! We host groups of all different types, including schools, scouts, active adult communities and senior centers, churches and synagogues, tour groups and fundraisers, professional organizations and businesses, social clubs and family reunions.
Why attend as a group?
- •Spectacular Savings — A $10 discount off the regular ticket price!
- •Free tickets — Groups receive one complimentary ticket for every 15 tickets purchased.
- •Use of a Private Room for your Event — Need a private place for your group to have a reception before or after the show? We can provide you with a private space to make your experience extra special. Call for availability.
- •Preview Performance for Group Leaders – Not sure if the show is right for your group? We offer two complimentary tickets for group leaders to preview a performance and make sure the play is a perfect fit. Call for details.
Morning matinee performances for selected plays are scheduled specifically for student groups. Benefits include talkbacks and study guides. Read our Student Group Guidelines.
Planning your outing is easy!
- 1.Select a performance date and call the group sales manager at (313) 577-0852 between 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. Monday - Friday
- 2.Promote your Hilberry Theatre outing to your organization.
- 3.Relax and enjoy a wonderful performance.
To secure specific seat locations, a 10% deposit is due upon written confirmation of your order (50% deposit is required for fundraising groups). Deposits are not refundable, but are transferable for tickets within the current season.
We gladly accept cash, MasterCard, Visa, or check for deposits and final payments. Checks should be made out to Wayne State University.
Ticket Exchanges and Refunds
Upon final payment, all sales are final. There are no refunds or exchanges for unused tickets or no-shows.
Adjustment in group size, subject to seating availability, may be made up to two weeks prior to the performance with final payment due at that time. After your final payment, you are able to add seats, based on availability. Tickets will be available for pick-up or delivery the day after payment is received.
All orders are subject to ticket availability. Plays, dates, prices, and times are subject to change.
The Hilberry Theatre cannot issue refunds for tickets, including tickets for students who miss a performance due to absence from school.
Delayed school openings:
- •If a weather-related delayed school opening will cause your group to arrive late to the theatre, please leave a message at (313) 577-0852 by 8:00 a.m. indicating your expected arrival time, and a contact name and telephone number. If no call is received, the Hilberry assumes that the school group will attend, despite any announced delays in the media.
- •When a majority of area schools are delayed, the curtain may be held for up to one half-hour at the discretion of The Hilberry Theatre.
- •As schools use different criteria for closing due to weather, the Hilberry Theatre makes every effort to perform unless the Governor issues a road closure.
- •If your school is closed due to weather, your group leader must leave a message at (313) 577-0852 before 8:00 a.m. If no call is received, the Hilberry Theatre assumes that the school group will attend, despite any announced closures in the media.
- •Should a student group be forced to miss a performance due to weather-related school closures, The Hilberry Theatre will make every effort to reschedule the group whenever possible during the remainder of the run of the performance the tickets were purchased for, subject to space availability.
Programs are subject to change. The Hilberry Theatre cannot be responsible for the refund of expenses incurred by the school, such as transportation or meals.